Have you ever heard the saying, “just because you can, doesn’t mean you should”? Well, the saying certainly rings true when it comes to working out without a proper warm up.
Just because you can workout without doing a proper warm up, doesn’t mean you should. A proper warm up primes your body to move through your workout efficiently and feel good while doing it.
Mobility is a form of low-intensity movement that focuses on actively taking our joints through their full range of motion. It can be used as a dynamic warm up or cool down to help you feel your best during and after your workout.
A dynamic warm up allows you to:
- Increase heart rate and blood flow to muscles
- Increase muscle temperature
- Prime your nerve & muscle connections for movement
- Mentally prepare and take note of what movements feel tight or need extra love
- Reduce the risk of injury
A proper cool down will:
- Relax muscles
- Reduce prolonged soreness
- Gradually lower heart rate and muscle temperature, which reduces the risk of feeling lightheaded or ill
Join Kaisa to improve your range of motion, learn how to recover your body, and elevate your training with In The Gym: Mobility!